We all need balance because chaos isn’t cute! God did not intend for our lives to be filled with chaos, tension, confusion, frustration, and spiritual defeat. Two of my favorite Scriptures from the Bible say “With God ALL things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26) and “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things will be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33).
When we Seek God’s Kingdom and His righteousness, our day(s) will go more smoothly and we will be able to say YES to the things we need to and say NO to the things we do not need to do. More importantly, we’ll be able to handle any unexpected challenges with more peace and poise. In the hustle and bustle of the world around us, as easy as that’s said, it’s often difficult to do. So how do we do make sure we enjoy the beauty of balance with calm and no chaos?
- Pray…before you say Yes.
- Practice saying No to the unnecessary so you’ll be ready when you need to. Look in the mirror and say No 10 times. Do this every day for a week, or for as long as you need to to get used to using it. (I know it sounds silly!)
- Make a “To Do List.” Do this the night before you go to bed. Share the list with the Lord. Ask Him to direct you as to what’s important and what’s not.
- Shut down your brain from time-to-time.
- Learn to laugh at things that made you cry.
- Pace yourself making sure to allow time for the unexpected. It will happen, just don’t let it get the best of you.
- Always include fun time, personal time and family time in your “To Do List.” Have standing appointments with family and friends.
- Remember you’re not Superman or the Bionic Woman. Even they had super friends to help them. Get help when you need it.
- Do not agree to do something for the wrong reasons. You’ll regret it from the beginning, in the middle and in the end.
- Have a system of relaxation and refreshing in place. Use it and stick to it.
- Lastly, always remember the order of life: God first, self second and family third. All else will simply have to get in where it fits in.
One thought on “We All Need Balance Because Chaos Isn’t Cute”
Reblogged this on angelamooreblog.