First off, let me say that the English minor in me knows one should not end a sentence with “with”. With that said, I bet God often says, “Let Me show you what I’m working with.”
A couple of things haven’t gone my way recently. I’m starting to finally buy into the notion that that’s just life, and either way it will be okay. Yet, in the midst of disappointment about my house sale not going through and having to walk away from a job that would have provided me much-needed financial increase I still could hear God say, “Let Me show you what I’m working with.”
Then I thought. God’s actions in our life are often based on our reactions to our life. He’s such the Gentleman that He wants to be able to show off, boast, brag a bit even, about how good He is to us.
- He wants to show that He can answer our prayers, but we have to pray them.
- He wants to show that He can bless us, but we have to believe.
- He wants to show that He’s a rewarder, but we have to seek Him.
- He wants to show that He’s a provider after we’ve asked, sought and knocked.
- He wants to show that He has our back, even if it’s up against the wall.
- He wants to show that He’s a healer, when we trust and ask Him to help.
- He wants to show us what He’s working and is just waiting for us to allow that to happen.
I’m not from Missouri, but I’m certainly in a “show me” state of mind!