I’ve got needs. There, I said it, and finally I’m not ashamed, afraid, embarrassed or too proud to admit it. As a woman, an unmarried woman, a not-yet-over-the-hill woman, and simply a human being I’ve got some serious needs. I’m cool with having needs. What I wasn’t always cool with is asking for help with those needs.
A recent conversation with a wise man who talked about what often stops people (men, if you must know) from opening themselves up to be vulnerable and transparent, asking for and heeding the advice of help made me look at me. I looked. I didn’t like everything I saw. So, because the Bible says you have not because you ask not, and because I know the needs I have can’t be met by “me” alone, I’m laying it all out there.
What needs do I have, and how can you help? I’m glad want to know.
Here’s what I need:
- I need a painter to paint some rooms in my house excellently, but inexpensively, of course, so my house can finally sell.
- I need a toddler car seat so that both my nieces can ride in my car at the same time.
- I need a landscaper who can turn my yard into a mulched oasis excellently, but inexpensively, of course, so my house can finally sell.
- I need someone to help me understand the book publishing process.
- I need someone who wants to barter Public Relations services for whatever they can do that I might need them to do.
- I need someone with some fabulous size 14 or 12 new or gently used spring clothes they want to pass on to me.
- I need someone who can clean houses (really, really clean) excellently, but inexpensively, of course.
- I need someone who can fix my little 2001 Lexus so I can put her back on the road, not making her feel neglected sitting in the garage while I drive the new kid on the block.
- I need someone who can teach me how to sew.
- I need someone who can totally update my out-of-date kitchen and bathrooms excellently, but inexpensively, of course, so my house can finally sell.
- I need someone to walk me through the ropes of Couponing 101.
- I need someone who can educate me more on investing in stocks and retirement planning.
- I need (more like I want, but hey, it’s worth the ask) someone who has some frequent flyer miles they want to share.
So, there it is, my partial “help needed” list. Now, don’t rush all at once offering your assistance, but do know it’s appreciated:)