I missed my two year blogging anniversary. January 2, 2015 marked two years since I took to the web to share my world. I’m a HUGE advocate for celebrating milestone no matter how big or bigger, so even though I’m three days delayed I shall let the celebration commence. In the words of some obviously wise woman or man, “better late than never”.
Last year, like a doting new mother honoring my baby blog I was right on time wishing www.angelamooreblog.wordpress.com a Happy Birthday. This year on January 2, I was, well, celebrating life (and my favorite football team even as they lost a key game). Anywho, I re-read my blog from last year, stole a couple of my own sentiments and added some more as I look forward to another year of writing, sharing, growing, encouraging and being inspired.
This year has presented many ups and downs in life. A lot of them have taken on wings through my writings. I’m proud to say that I officially named my blog “Life Gets Better” this year. I even took the time to do a major makeover of the site to help with ease of reading. I’ve grown a lot and had a lot to share about the life I’m blessed to live. An interviewer once asked me if blogging was therapeutic. For me, not so much. I try to use my words after the healing/therapy has taken place to help someone along the way after I’ve already made it, and to be sure I’m not “in my feelings” as the American teens often say. Now, don’t get me wrong, sometimes I don’t do that, but that has been one of my goals. I will say that this year also, some of my writings have been published in places like www.al.com and through the amazing site For Harriet. What an absolute honor straight from Heaven! On the flip side, I’ve heard of and dealt with a select few sharing the thought that posts were directed toward them, too much was shared (about my own life, albeit), or clearly didn’t understand the point of a post and perceived it for negative rather than not. I’m learning that that’s life and I must keep writing during the good and not so peachy times.
So what’s next for my Blog baby/toddler? Glad you asked.
- I want to continue to use “Life Gets Better” and to become even more fearless and transparent so that whatever I share is as emotionally honest as possible (with my good, my bad and the “I can’t believe I actually felt that way”), but from the perspective of better always being the answer.
- I still want to be more reflective, growing to the point of not allowing an experience to pass without seeing the value in it for my benefit or for that of others.
- I still want to work to be more observant about the world around me, including reading other blog posts and works of writers to continue to learn, learn, learn about the wonderful world of words.
- I want to revisit past blog posts more to see where I was, what I’ve learned, how I’ve grown and how I can update and rework old posts with fresh, new perspective.
- I want to hone my humor. Life is funny y’all, even with things that make us feel otherwise. I want to be able to always rely on humor to help us all heal.
- I want to share in other grand scale media outlets not being afraid of mean computer complainers on the other end of the web sending hurtful comments and critiques. I want to write boldly for whomever is meant to read what I have to share.
- Lastly, I want to continue to make sure that I’m grateful and God-centered. I’ve tried very hard to strategically include a Christ-like perspective in my writings. (Sometimes that has been hard as my flesh, attitude, hurt feelings, or whatever you may call it has tried to have its way) This year, and in years to come, I want to be able to always see the good, and God in all that I go through and share with others so that His light and name can be what shines through and has the final say-so.
Just as last year, this year I have not a clue of what’s next, or what unconventional themes or titles, memories, muses or posts will pop in my head. What I do know is that I plan to blog about it like nobody’s business…but my own.
3 thoughts on “I Missed My Anniversary”
Pingback: I Missed My Anniversary | Life Gets Better
Happy belated anniversary! I am proud of you and the blog.
Thanks so much to you! I can’t wait until YOU start writing your blogs about your “dead people” that you hang out with and all the goodies they share with you that we all need to know about.