Let me just say, I’m grateful. I’m grateful for a job. I’m super grateful for a job which offers vacation and personal time. I’m grateful for the last couple of weeks I’ve been off, BUT I feel like someone stole my holidays…and I want them back, or at least more of them.
So in honor of the things I have enjoyed since I clocked out on December 17th I present to you this list of things I will miss on Monday.
- Sleeping in, at least until 6am.
- Wearing leggings and jeggings everyday.
- Waking up to Michael Strahan. *wink, wink*
- Planning which Alabama shirt I would wear. #rolltide
- Covering my head with cute hats, sans the curling or combing.
- Talking on the phone at my leisure.
- Listening to Christmas music and my niece’s Wiz CD (Don’t tell them I said that, as I’ve convinced them I’m tired of hearing it).
- Watching Lacey Chabert, the girl who stars in just about every, single Hallmark Channel Christmas movie, A Different World in the morning and giggle-inducing Chrisley Knows Best marathons.
- Sleepovers at my parents.
- ESPN whenever I want it, on TVs throughout the house.
- Stealing cheese straws from my mother.
- Watching my nieces learn to skate and ride bikes.
- Polishing my toes purple in the middle of the day.
- Grimacing while riding the treadmill at the Y and not knowing if it was from the three miles I tried to get in or the scary episodes of Law and Order SVU plastered on the big screen in front of me.
- Saying “Roll Tide” and “Merry Christmas” sometimes right behind each other.
- Sharing HILARIOUS memes and screenshots at random times during the day with my mommy, sister, aunt and cousins.
- Lemon Pepper Hot Wings from Alabaster Courtyard.
- Family holiday functions and fun with friends of old.
So, as I mentioned, there’s SO much for which I am grateful. I’m also hopeful for the future and the next time of respite and relaxation.
One thought on “Who Stole My Holidays?”
Pingback: Who Stole My Holidays? | Life Gets Better