I’m proudly from West End… a ‘hood in the western heart of Birmingham, Alabama. Known for many things, some good, some not so good, there are SO MANY success stories and fond memories from people who’ve been privileged to call this place home. #35211
Aside from learning how to pull a cardboard box out of the street with the quickness (or even knowing what “with the quickness” means), learning how to toss a mean double dutch rope, getting the little bit of street sense I do have, and enjoying the joys 19th Street and the surrounding areas provided me, I also learned some quick wit, and wisdom which has followed me all of my life.
So I share with you samplings of my West Endian Words of Wisdom.
- Just because I didn’t say it doesn’t mean it’s not so. You’ll know on a need-to-know, or never-to-know basis.
- Never gossip to the ones who gossip with you.
- There’s a difference in being fake and being polished…and I’m not talking about nails.
- If it was meant for your mind to talk you out of your greatness it would be your mouth, not your mind. (Think about it.)
- Everybody’s not your friend. But some people are.
- Lotion and/or Vaseline are a wintertime must.
- Be nice. You never know what a person is going through, or what you might soon go through.
- When people choose to remove themselves from your life for reasons that are unknown or seem unfair don’t sweat it or fret it.
- Sugar solves problems.
- Lipgloss can never be to glossy.
- The Prep and Cabbage Patch are always appropriate.
- Your wolves often lead you to your sheep. Thank them for that.
- Just because you’re grown doesn’t mean you’ve grown up.
- Pretty and perfect are two different things.
- Family doesn’t always have the same bloodline or last name.
- Water from a hose won’t hurt you.
- Putting your hand on your hip let’s them know you mean business…or that you think you’re really cute. It’s a win-win either way.
- And when all else fails…a windmill is always in order.
One thought on “West Endian Words of Wisdom”
Pingback: West Endian Words of Wisdom | Life Gets Better