Hearing of a former spouse of a superstar who is now engaged to another superstar share a bit of “shade” regarding her exes engagement brought a point home. Breakups are hard. Ask me how I know. Seeing the one you broke up with or who broke up with you build a new relationship can be harder, especially if it’s public, even in our own little worlds. BUT, Ladies, we can’t be that girl. What girl you ask?
We can’t become that girl who:
- Talks about what happened ALL THE TIME.
- Throws shade directly or indirectly at the ex boo, bae, husband or hunni.
- Throws shade directly or indirectly at the next boo, bae, wife or hunni of our ex boo, bae, husband or hunni.
- Loses our identity when we lose a relationship.
- Gets consumed with the goings-on of a person who is gone.
- Engages our friends in the tomfoolery that is our newfound passion for being a part-time, unpaid private eye.
- Compares our ex relationship with his next relationship.
- Compares our next relationship with our ex relationship.
- Doesn’t believe that the BEST is still yet to come, regardless.
We can’t become that girl, but we can be a better woman.